Diving in Aruba on a Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hamokmonky

Registered
Reaction score
Ive done a lot of searching in this forum for a dive op in Aruba, and most of the information is pretty old, and none of it covers what I had hoped it would. My friend and I are taking a dive trip in August to Aruba, being from Florida its just a hop from here, and so we are only going for the weekend. We planned on diving on Saturday and Sunday, but for the life of me I cant find a dive op that goes out on a Sunday! I was very surprised... can anyone recommend one? I did find one that has it on their schedule online, but when I emailed them they said they've since changed their schedule and don't go out on Sundays anymore. And, if no one knows of one on Sundays, can anyone recommend a dive op that picks you up at your hotel and has a divemaster in the water with you (my friend is a new diver and quite a bit nervous) for Saturday at least? We are staying at the Hilton near Palm Beach, Aruba. Thanks :)

Not sure if he does dives on Sundays but you might check out Dive with Clive

Not sure if he does dives on Sundays but you might check out Dive with Clive

I read about him from trying to research on here, so he was on my list to check out. It seemed like it was a really small dive outfit, so wasn't sure he would have a dive master in the water with us (as my friend is currently a really nervous diver)

I’ve dived with JADs annually for the last 4 years and they dive on Sunday:

Dive Sites | JADS Aruba

Thank you so much!!! So much research and I didn't find this one.

I read about him from trying to research on here, so he was on my list to check out. It seemed like it was a really small dive outfit, so wasn't sure he would have a dive master in the water with us (as my friend is currently a really nervous diver)

Thank you so much!!! So much research and I didn't find this one.
No problem - I've had good experience with them. I'd suggest trying to dive the sites on the Southwest side as they have the best viz and reefs (Jane Sea Wreck, Renaissance Airplanes, Barcadera Reef and Sponge Reef are nice sites) . The sites on Palm Beach are still worth diving if you have time, but viz is not typically as good (but still OK): The Antilla wreck is largely collapsed, but is still interesting and has alot of marine life on it (including some of the biggest and friendliest porcupine fish I've ever seen). Arashi Reef is not much of a reef (just scattered coral heads) but it is typically teeming with green sea turtles (12 this past Feb) and we saw 2 Octopus (octopii?) out in the open this year as well.

BTW - there are videos of some of my Aruba dives in this thread for reference:
looking for the Holy Grail+Unicorn+Mermaid of dive destinations for August

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom