Diving in Argentina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GregFil

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
Has anybody been diving in Argentina in Mar del Plata area at the Dec-Jan?
How was it? What the vis underwater?What was the temp?How the city by itself?
Really appriciate any info

GregFil:
Hello,
Has anybody been diving in Argentina in Mar del Plata area at the Dec-Jan?
How was it? What the vis underwater?What was the temp?How the city by itself?
Really appriciate any info

Are you locked into a trip to Mar Del Plata? I lived in Argentina and I think I would try to go anywhere to find a place to dive except there. Jan & Feb is vacation time for ALL the Argentines. Mar Del Plata is really crowded during that period of time. I did not care for the water conditions in that area. Very sandy and not much at all to see. I would suggest you do a lot of searching and communicate directly via email with some of the people in Argentina. I think you are going to find that most of the operators are in Buenos Aires and do a lot of travel promoting to locations elsewhere.

Good luck on your travel plans.

Regards,

I think there is diving at Penisula Valdez, but it is pretty cold down there. How long will you be in Argentina. If you have the time and the resources, I highly suggest you visit their glacier national park in the Southern Andes, our of a town called Calafate. Truly stunning Glaciers, especially the Perito Moreno. Also get up to the Iguazu waterfalls, make Niagara look like a dog taking a leak. You can do a search for Perito Moreno glacier and Iguazu to get a good idea of how amazing they are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom