Diving in Anilao Mid October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi just about the press the button on a cheap flight when I thought I should check here!
What is the weather like in October is November better (I am flexible). I was going to dive with Mikes Dauin any other ideas? Photographing macro and is it too much to ask for Mantas in clear water?
Have not dived in Philipines since early 90's. Only want to stay in one place.

Hi @Ardy

October and November are still considered monsoon season, however I've been pretty lucky at Anilao and Puerto Galera in the past, sort of missed the rains, but water only only good for macro.

Mikes is not in Anilao but in Dauin , Dumaguete . So i'm a little confused about your question .
Frank

1. Forget about manta.
2. If I have to choose between Anilao and Dauin, the former get my vote.
3. As for the weather interference, TYPHOON, Anilao offers better route to escape than Dumaguete.

1. Forget about manta.
2. If I have to choose between Anilao and Dauin, the former get my vote.
3. As for the weather interference, TYPHOON, Anilao offers better route to escape than Dumaguete.
Centrals: #1 was a dream anyway. I have seen them many times but always in poor viz!
Looked into Peters Dive Resort in South Leyte. any recomendations for Analou?
Will see how the Philippines has changed in 23 years since I was last there.

1. Indonesia eg. Sangalaki, Komodo and Raja Ampat should be able to fulfill your dream!
2. Take a look at Blue Ribbon which was based in PG(Small La Laguna) previously.
3. I first went to Philippines in 1993 and nothing much has changed. The country is still a mess! You either love it and hate it!
4. Peter's is great but getting there require more effort and time. The macro is not as good as Anilao but pretty impressive nevertheless.

Mikes is not in Anilao but in Dauin , Dumaguete . So i'm a little confused about your question .
Frank
Hi Frank: I have no idea about places in the area. Got google map up and couldn't find Manilla for CS!
Anyway I have decided to do Peters Diving or a hotel in Anilao, any suggestions for Anilao?
I did like the idea of a night dive under the pier near Peters Dive. Anything like that in Anilao?

I moved my trip back to mid November as I didn't realise that it was still cyclone season in October.

I stayed at Blue Ribbon in Anilao and Pura Vida in Dumaguete in May and would recommend them both. I am planning same in October, I will be watching the weather. Usually the weather is OK, not too rainy or rain in the afternoon.
Peter's in S Leyte is nice resort. Not as mucky as the places I mentions above. Ferry from Cebu City and then they can pick you up.
I think Dumaguete is all around good choice. Not only muck, Pura Vida did trips to Apo island. I saw lots of turtles and snakes. A whale shark swam by too.

Hi Guys, just getting my trip sorted out and will go to Peters on 19th November and leave after 5 days and wanted to fly from Tacloban to either Anilao or Dumagette but the flights are min 1 stop and take hours ie to Caticlan (anilao) is nearly 9 hours!!
Any excellent muck diving within an area I can fly direct to? Is it better to take ferry to Cebu and fly from there? Or fly to Manilla and get taxi to Anilao?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom