Diving Grand Turk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Great review.. Has me looking forward to the dive in Grand Turk even more. Course granted I will be on one of the curise ships to take my dives.. Hopefully I will get chance to return next year and dive some more.. Course currently the wife and I have tossed around going to Belize perhaps. Just have to wait and see what happens I guess. Anyway, I did enjoy reading about it and the added pictures made it even more appealing

mikerault:
Here is a link to an article I wrote about diving Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos, hope folks find it useful!

http://www.authorsden.com/ArticlesUpload/24694.pdf

Mike
I agree with your sentiments: I love Grand Turk and hope it will not become just another shopping mall for cruise ship day-trippers.

A few errata:

Most of the dive sites are on the West side of the island, not the East.The guy from Iowa is Mitch Rolling, not Mitch Rollins. Most of the other DMs on the island were trained by Mitch.

You are correct, geesh...where is my head these days...I will correct the references...

Mike

Thanks for the nice report. I'll be staying at the Bohio for nine days in February, and this started to get the juices flowing early. :D

If you want to rent a DPV tell them a day early so they can be sure to charge it up full. When my buddy and I rented two from them in February mine ended up konking out at the wall and I had to hop-skotch it back to the shore (turn it on until the charge dropped, tow it, turn it on until the charge dropped, tow it, etc).

You can get to the Blackforest and Anchor dive sites using DPVs from their beach. I suggest renting a scooter to get around, you may tire of their food and to get to banks and such would be a long walk.

Mike

I agree with the sentiments as well, and enjoyed the photos.

A few errata:

It's "Sea Eye," not "See Eye" Diving.

Nearly all of the dive sites at GT are located on the west coast due to conditions, but there are a few sites off the east side. IMHO, they're not very interesting.

"Finbars Dive Site" is generally known as "Finbars Reef."

Regards,

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom