Diving from Cartagena (Rosario Islands)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gwklein

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I dove the Rosario Islands with Diving Planet out of Cartagena at the end of February. Attached is my review of the trip.

Attachments

• Diving Planet.docx
    14.8 KB · Views: 210
Thanks for sharing. Never dove there. Was on a cruise many years ago (maybe 2008?) and stopped at Cartagena; did a ship excursion to visit an 'aquarium' (lot of outdoor chain link pens, especially) in the Rosario Islands, then a few of us paid a guide after the excursion to drive us around and show us Cartagena. Pretty need looking place...especially if you consider seeing the outside of an old Spanish Inquisition building 'nice looking.

I loved Cartagena and enjoyed the week we spent there though we divided our time between the old city and Getsumani.

We also spent time out at the Rosarios where I did some diving. I found it as expressed by the OP however, it was also ridiculously expensive.

I loved Cartagena and enjoyed the week we spent there though we divided our time between the old city and Getsumani.

We also spent time out at the Rosarios where I did some diving. I found it as expressed by the OP however, it was also ridiculously expensive.

The cost did seem high. I paid in pesos and with a credit card. The use of a credit card was more than the cash price. I get an instant notice when my credit card is used internationally and it listed the cost in dollars as $132 for the two tank dive trip. I would normally pay around $80 for a two tank trip in Florida but that is with my own gear. The Diving Planet price included the gear, dive insurance, a basic lunch, and travel to Rosario Islands. I figured gear rental to be around $25 in Florida. I already have dive insurance so that was no benefit to me. When I looked into the cost of a group day trip to Rosario Islands with the same basic lunch, the cost was between $90-100 on Viatour. Since I was planning the day trip already, I calculated that the actual value of the trip to me would have been $195 (80 + 25 + 90). This made me feel better about paying $132 for the two tank dive trip.

The cost did seem high. I paid in pesos and with a credit card. The use of a credit card was more than the cash price. I get an instant notice when my credit card is used internationally and it listed the cost in dollars as $132 for the two tank dive trip. I would normally pay around $80 for a two tank trip in Florida but that is with my own gear. The Diving Planet price included the gear, dive insurance, a basic lunch, and travel to Rosario Islands. I figured gear rental to be around $25 in Florida. I already have dive insurance so that was no benefit to me. When I looked into the cost of a group day trip to Rosario Islands with the same basic lunch, the cost was between $90-100 on Viatour. Since I was planning the day trip already, I calculated that the actual value of the trip to me would have been $195 (80 + 25 + 90). This made me feel better about paying $132 for the two tank dive trip.

Yours was definitely less expensive. We were already staying on the Rosario's and dives were around $100 each. Resort prices, no doubt. Still left very sick feeling lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom