Diving for Science Course Returns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftwood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I got an email from Taylor Heard, dive coordinator for Spring Lake, San Marcos, that they are starting to certify divers for Spring Lake again.

They have compressed the course into one day and the current cost is $230pp.

The current schedule has classes set the Sept. 27 and 28 and Oct. 4 and 5

You can contact Taylor at,

divecoordinator@txstate.edu or at (512) 245-7541.

Glad to hear it. I was talking to a couple of people from the Dive Shop today about it. So, its just one day? I had assumed the September and October class dates were two day classes on two separate weekends. At any rate, I will certainly be looking into it...im sure the classes will fill up fast. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you are local, then the cert is worth the money. Tough to find a place to dive year round with that caliber of vis.

The way I look at it is that the cert pays for itself after around 11 dives. Now, when they get the compressor up and running again, then its a real bargain.

I dive every weekend at Canyon Lake....would be nice to have a little variety, especially with that type of viz and year round temperature.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was just wondering about that this morning. Glad to hear it's back!

When are the next cert classes?

Here's the deal.

When you have completed the course, you are free to request a dive. There is always work that needs to be done. It takes a lot of divers to keep the lake looking "natural".

The staff accepts dive requests during regular hours, 10-4. If you don't have a buddy, they will try to match you up with one (or a group of regular divers). You will be assigned a site and the work that is needed.

This is a link to the current course schedule, Classes : Glass Bottom Boat Tours & Environmental Education Programs : Texas State University

Back
Top Bottom