Diving CSSP Sat. 8/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillP

Reaction score
Howdy All:

In case you missed the thread, there's a plan to get together at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell this Saturday 8/16 (See "Bench by da Beast" thread at: http://www.scubaboard.com/t33830/s.html ). So far looks like we have Dee & Beast, Zagnut, sealskin98, ScubaTexan, scubatexastony & Brenda, ScubaJana, and me expressing an interest in coming.

I plan to get there early (OK, my plans to get to CSSP at gate opening don't always work out ;-) . I usually set up at one of the docks on the northeast side and would like to stake claim on a shelter, so let me know if you want to get together somewhere else. I haven't met all of you and don't know everyone's "real" name, so how about adding "TSDT" (Texas Swamp Diving Team) to your name when you sign in so we'll all know who's arrived? I'll be driving a silver Honda CR-V. You can PM me if you want further contact info.

If you haven't dived CSSP before, or would like to meet a great group of buddies and join the TSDT by diving with a Swamper, this weekend might be your chance! Come on out and join us!

Hope to see you there,

Bill

For further information, driving directions, map, waiver forms, etc. for CSSP, go to:

http://www.geocities.com/clearspringsscubapark/

I'm planning on being there Saturday with me, my wife, and my friend Jeff, and his girlfriend. Although I'm not really sure which side is the North East.

I drive a big red Hummer H2, so I'm pretty easy to spot.

dang, my reg won't be done by Saturday :(

I'm planning on going the following weekend if anyone is interested in that ...

Detonate mentioned...
Although I'm not really sure which side is the North East.

I'm not surprised my note was confusing because I meant north WEST. The map on the CSSP website is "upside down" with north at the bottom of the map and it always throws me off. I'm talking about setting up by one of the docks on the west side of the lake toward the northern end by the big parking lot. Thanks for picking up my error, and sorry for the confusion.

Hope to see you there,

Bill

CSSP map:

http://www.geocities.com/clearspringsscubapark/CSSP-Map-V2LoRes.jpg

looking at a map when it's right side up. :D

Hope you can snag a shelter, I'll also bring a canopy.

Hope to see you Sat.

After you leave the main parking lot where you sign in, do you turn right and go past the air station, or do you go to the left? I'm guessing "to the left", since you talked about docks. Thanks.

Bill

Valwood1 asked...
After you leave the main parking lot where you sign in, do you turn right and go past the air station, or do you go to the left? I'm guessing "to the left", since you talked about docks. Thanks.

Bill

Are you going to try to come? I'd be happy to meet you.

Bill

You know how bad my sense of direction is so if I just holler for you real loud, will you come to the gate and get me?!? :eek:ut:

We're bringing a canopy, too.

Brenda and I are going to get up as early as possible to make the drive out there and open up the park. Do the "gates" open at 8am as posted on the website or can you get in earlier?

Bill, looking at the map, bottom right side,(north-west end), a canopy by the closest dock? NEAR the last big parking area?

Seal, I'll bring our canopy too, albeit it weathered the storm of storms on our TL outing July 4th....and my doubles too! :wink:

Dee, iffin you wants to make the trek back to the country with us Saturday afternoon/evening (bout 2 1/2 hours) your welcome to have a rest in the country.... 240 miles from Humble though!

N.E. one heard from Dez? I've been lookin for a post from him on the dirf class.

This is gonna be fun...

tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom