Diving Costa de Sol (Spain) - Gibraltar, Malaga or Marbella?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eotm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be in the general vicinity of Seville for a week end of August. Want to spend at two days diving. Interested in seeing interesting stuff, but probably won't actually penetrate a non-prepped wreck and want to do 5-6 dives so would prefer shallower water to maximize bottom time / reduce surface intervals (on nitrox as appropriate).

Will be solo, looking foremost for good divemasters that know the local area well (native English speakers ideal). Have had most luck in small groups of 5-6 divers on smaller, faster boats (vs. cattle boats), but never dived in Europe before (mostly GBR, Brazil, Caribbean, Hawaii). Two days of diving don't have to be continuous / with the same op. Have my own equipment although depending on water temps may get a wetsuit to layer over my sharkskin and also will rent fins so I can pack lighter.

Two days of diving don't have to be continuous or necessarily the same op / city. Trying to also work in a trip to Tangiers (likely from Tarifa) but heard Tarifa diving isn't as good and Morocco doesn't allow rec diving.

Tarifa diving is amazing if you like great underwater landscapes and rocky formations. Viz is normally very good (20-30m) Depths for most of the sites are 20m with Punta Marriqui down to 45m.

Gibraltar if you catch the Frontier right is great for wreck diving, but visibility and current conditions aren't quite as good as Tarifa, but the range of wrecks makes up for it! Wrecks from 14m to 27m.

Personally. I would head to Tarifa for a couple of days diving. Might catch you down there!

Dive centres travel for miles to dive Tarifa and Gibraltar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 10th, 2015 at 06:46 PM ----------

For Tarifa get a hold of 'YellowSub' and for Gibraltar try 'Dive Charters'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom