Diving Concepts UltraFlex Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zed

Registered
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a DC UltraFlex Pro dry suit. Anyone out there with real experience with the suit care to comment?

Zed:
I am thinking about getting a DC UltraFlex Pro dry suit. Anyone out there with real experience with the suit care to comment?
Its a nice suit. Find someone who can do the Tech Cut.

What in particular did you want to know?

Edit: Never buy their (DC) pee valve (It looks like a drysuit exhaust)

JeffG:
Never buy their (DC) pee valve (It looks like a drysuit exhaust)
DC won't put pee valves on suits anymore. Too many complaints about placement...

Had my LDS put one of Dive-Rite's new balanced aluminum pee valves on my DC suit, and I LOVE it. Much lighter than the old stainless valves.

I was hoping to be sized by the factory at Beneath the Sea, then buy from my LDS. I have heard horror stories about sizing. I was just wondering if anyone had any bad experience or some tips of price, accessories, etc...

I live in the NY and I’m torn as to weather I should get a 7mm suit first and then a dry suit or go for the dry suit straight away… Decisions, decisions….

Zed:
I was hoping to be sized by the factory at Beneath the Sea, then buy from my LDS. I have heard horror stories about sizing. I was just wondering if anyone had any bad experience or some tips of price, accessories, etc...

I live in the NY and I’m torn as to weather I should get a 7mm suit first and then a dry suit or go for the dry suit straight away… Decisions, decisions….
Skip the wetsuit and go dry...you will never look back

Sized by the warehouse??? Do note there is a difference between custom cut and a tech cut. Get the tech cut, unless you are thinking about going on an eating frenzy...

Go for the neoprene knee pad (skip the kevlar...too stiff)
Front zip...not back zip
Skip the "Cold water cuffs" nonsense they offer...
Get factory installed pockets...

I went with the Nylon exterior and the cuff dump and 5thD pockets...

The only issue I have with the suit is that I got the size 11 boots and they are too big for XL Jet fins...to small for the XXXXXXXXXXL jet fins...

I'm going to replace the boots with turbo soles

It's funny you posted this thread today.

I've been considering a new drysuit and have heard good things about the UltraFlex. Their website has a link that you fill out for more information, but deadends without sending the info. Just sent them an email, but if they are at the show, it might be a few days.....

I understand they cut the arms with a gusset under to allow more room for reaching your valves. That would be nice.

Jeff, what do you like about the tech cut? (besides being fitted)

ABQdiver:
I understand they cut the arms with a gusset under to allow more room for reaching your valves. That would be nice.
Nope...they try to get the cut right the first time

ABQdiver:
Jeff, what do you like about the tech cut? (besides being fitted)
Fitting is major deal...its the most important part of the suit...and with a DC it was only an extra $200 Can for the tech cut (plus sign a waiver :wink: )

The difference between a custom (or a stock) vs a tech cut seem to be in two areas (other than tighter fit).

1: Slightly different side panels (Not a big deal)
2: On the Custom/Stock they use an elastic on the back to gather up excess material...whereas the tech cut has no excess material to begin with.

I just got sized last weekend for a custom DC Ultraflex Pro. It was sized while wearing the undergarment I was going with (the DC TPS thinsulate extreme stretch).

Warren_L:
I just got sized last weekend for a custom DC Ultraflex Pro. It was sized while wearing the undergarment I was going with (the DC TPS thinsulate extreme stretch).

That is the rig I want to get.

Back
Top Bottom