Diving concepts gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbrako

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have to replace my diving concepts gloves. I have new gloves but how do you put the new glove on the ring?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to exposure suits forum

I have to replace my diving concepts gloves. I have new gloves but how do you put the new glove on the ring?
Pop the old one off.

Take the inner o-ring and put it INSIDE the new glove, then fold the cuff of the glove inside, so it captures the o-ring inside the fold.

Stretch the o-ring and fabric/rubber over the rings, making sure to set that the fabric is taut (no wrinkles) between the o-ring and the hard ring. Wrinkles will lead to leaks.

Stretch the protective flat rubber band over the outside to lock it in place.

It's actually not very hard to do, and once you figure it out, it only takes about five minutes to change gloves. The first time, though, be prepared to swear. :)

They make a very overpriced tool for this, but you don't need it. Either get a buddy to hold the glove on while you work your way around the ring, or do what I do - get the $1 "A-clamps" that are spring loaded from the hardware store, and use them to hold what you've already placed onto the ring as you work your way around seating the o-ring.

Skaana Dry Gloves - Installation Instructions has pictures of doing the suit side that way - the glove side is identical to that method, only using the glove instead of the latex seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom