Diving Coiba Panama - Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inkedadventurer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

Just finished a day of diving off Coiba island (a former prison colony) in Panama. Apparently I just missed whale shark season, but there were a plethora of white tips and rays around today along with a lot of schools of fish such as blue spotted jacks. Not bad diving, but not blow my mind good either, but I'm spoiled by the coral triangle. Here's the link about my day of diving...

Diving Destinations - The Former Prison Colony Of Isla Coiba

Thanks
Amy

Thank you for sharing this. Great photos and report on an area that is not easy to get detailed information on.

Thanks for sharing. Nice to reminisce my old life in Santa Catalina and beautiful dive days going to Coiba & local coast in 2005-2006.

Wow I lived/worked in that bldg that houses the dive shop now.

Just goes to show, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
[emoji229] [emoji227] [emoji225]

I lived just down the coast in Puerto Armuelles, Chiriqui from 1990 - 1994. Spent a couple of days fishing off the coast of Coiba and Montuosa in 1993. Coiba was a Major Penal Colony at that time. Too dangerous to anchor off the island, and had to find shelter on one of the smaller islands off it's north-east coast. Took turns on guard duty through the night. Anyhoo, great fishing, snorkeling and diving. Must remember to go back there when I next visit Panama.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom