Diving Coiba and Malpelo - Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FairyBasset

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear Divers,

I am thinking about making a trip in early Jan to Coiba and Malpelo island, Colombia, and have several questions which hopefully someone out there may be able to answer!

1. Is it correct that only one boat is allowed into the marine park at a time? If yes, I guess I will have to see if I can get a place on a boat which is going in my time schedule.

2. I know about two liveaboards which go from Panama (The Inula and The Yemaya from Coiba Dive Expeditions). Can anyone recommend any other liveaboards either from Panama or Colombia?

3. What are the diving conditions like in early Jan? Water temp, typical viz etc. Would all the big stuff be out to play there at that time?

4. I am a rescue diver with around 80 dives, quite a strong swimmer, reasonably fit - so would I have any problems with diving conditions there?

5. Is there anything particular I should know / be aware of about Coiba and Malpelo?

I would appreciate any help you could give me!
Thanks in advance.
:confused:

Scuba Coiba offers diving trips to Coiba the best diving in Panama

Hi I went diving in August to Coiba, I went with the people above. We had some good dives, saw decent amount of stuff. The vis wasn't ideal but might be better in Jan, you could email the company above and get there view on it.

The island of Coiba is really cool, especially the huge salt water crocodiles.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers,

Dante

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom