Diving center in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I have French friends going to Florida at the beginning of April (where I am from as well) and who would like to dive there. They are not very experienced, I would even say that some of them are beginners and some of them would like to try scubadiving :wink:
Searching on this forum, I think going to Key Largo would be fine. But now, which dive center? They would like a dive center with small boats, or, rather, boats with few divers...
Thanks a lot

Why do you want a small boat? Stability and room to move around might be important, particularly for new(er) divers

I would highly recommend Rainbow Reef, they are our preferred dive center in Key Largo. They usually use the larger boats, but they have a lot of room and are very good at getting you in and out of the water. They also provide a dive master or instructor as a guide as part of the trip.

Hello,
I have French friends going to Florida at the beginning of April (where I am from as well) and who would like to dive there. They are not very experienced, I would even say that some of them are beginners and some of them would like to try scubadiving :wink:
Searching on this forum, I think going to Key Largo would be fine. But now, which dive center? They would like a dive center with small boats, or, rather, boats with few divers...
Thanks a lot

For your French friends, I recommend Scuba-Fun whose multilingual staff (english, german, french, russian, polish, thai, spanish, & a few more) cater to all levels of divers with their concierge services. Scuba fun uses several boats in town and have some nice packages that include diving, gear, one of their French speaking guides and even hotel accomodations. Here is their website. http://francais.scuba-fun.com/ Please Let Anya know you were referred by me. :)

Happy Diving!
Elena

I would recommend Seamonkey Divers just south of Key Largo at MM80. They use a small boat, always put a dive guide in the water with you at no charge, and they are right in front of Alligator Reef so you have a short boat ride to the dive site. They usually take a center position on the reef so your first and second dives are made from the same location making your surface interval a bit more relaxing as well. All of these factors should make things easier for a group of newer divers.

Seamonkey's Scuba Diving Islamorada / Tavernier Florida Keys - Voted Best 6 Pack Dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom