Diving Cenote Dos Ojos, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thejamez

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Few pictures from our 2-tank dive in Dos Ojos, Mexico (march 2012, cozumel shots coming soon!). This was our first cavern diving, and first time in a cenote. Very cool experience.. the water is crystal clear!
0898-dos-ojos.jpg

0904-dos-ojos.jpg

0949-dos-ojos.jpg

0939-dos-ojos-snorkeling.jpg

1001-iguana-eating.jpg

All shot with Canon S95 + FIX WA Lens + Single YS01 Strobe.

Whole gallery here

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 0904-dos-ojos.jpg
    0904-dos-ojos.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 0939-cenote-snorkeling.jpg
    0939-cenote-snorkeling.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 0949-dos-ojos.jpg
    0949-dos-ojos.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 134
Nice pics...If you ever get to Florida, give a 'holler', I'll show you what we have here.......

nice shots I went and checked em all out.

why is it called batcave?

In this cenote there is a huge area where you can surface. There are a bunch of bats hanging from the ceiling and flying around.
this.

---------- Post added April 24th, 2012 at 09:23 PM ----------

I totally adore the iguana :)
right?? the girl i was with on the trip spotted him on our way back to the truck... when i ran back with my camera he had moved off the pathway and into the woods.. i got lucky and found him just in time before he spit it up :D

Nice pics. Dos Ojos was my first experience down there. I was full cave at the time though. It really is beautiful.

Of all the cavern dives I did on my cavern tour trip, Dos Ojos was my favorite. Not only is it decorated and brilliantly white, but it gives one more of a "cave" feeling than any of the others we saw. That was the dive that sealed my fate . . . :)

Of all the cavern dives I did on my cavern tour trip, Dos Ojos was my favorite. Not only is it decorated and brilliantly white, but it gives one more of a "cave" feeling than any of the others we saw. That was the dive that sealed my fate . . . :)

which others did you do? I really wanted to try Angelita based on the amazing pictures I saw of it, but considering me and my partner's experience level they denied us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom