Diving Big Pine Key...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fxrguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove yesterday (6/2/13) on Looe Key with Innerspace dive shop on Big Pine Key. I can't speak highly enough of the operation and the professional, yet friendly, demeanor of John and Brian. Innerspace is a small operation as compared to the cattleboats. They run a six pack boat right behind the shop, and can pay attention to each divers needs as they arise. The dives themselves were very shallow (25' to 30') on the reef, but that is exactly what I needed as I am just getting back into diving after laying out for quit a few years, and am older now. I went through a refresher course last year, and did some easy non challenging dive with rental BC's. Bought a new BC last year, and this was my first time using it. After explaining all of this to John and Brian, they were very respectful and took the time to make sure I was weighted properly, and that I was comfortable. The dives were tremendous. Saw a lot of Tarpon, Snook, Moray eels and even a large ray. I used to live, and dive, in the Lower Keys some 30+ years ago so I know a good dive when I see it. I highly recommend Innerspace Dive Shop for anyone diving in this area, and not wanting to deal with a cattle boat. Weather permitting, I am scheduled to dive the Adolphus Busch tomorrow.

thnx for posting

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom