Diving Bali Oct vs Nov vs Dec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We will be spending a month in Bali from roughly late October to late November/early December. Out of that month, we are tentatively planning to spend two weeks diving: one week in Tulamben, and one week in Padang Bai diving Nusa Penida as well as the easier local sites (for my wife who is a brand new diver).

Our itinerary is flexible, and we would prefer to split up the diving week - i.e. a week in Tulamben at the beginning of the trip (late Oct) and a week in Padang Bai towards the end (late Nov or early Dec).

However, I'm wondering if we are likely to find significantly better diving conditions on the earlier or later side of the trip, or if conditions would likely be similar regardless of when we dive.

The factors I'm thinking about are:
  • Visibility
  • Water temperature
  • Rough surface conditions
  • Moon phase (we would prefer to avoid the strongest currents. New moon Oct 28, full Nov 12, new Nov 26)
  • With my wife being a new diver, we're thinking it would be good to dive Tulamben before Padang Bai, so she can get some truly excellent beginner-friendly diving in. I understand the beginner-friendly diving in Padang Bai is a bit less good than Tulamben.
Should we just schedule the diving for whenever during the month is most convenient, or is it worth targeting a specific time of the month?

Back
Top Bottom