Diving at sandals Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bflying

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thinking about diving in late october in nassau or Turks and Caico's. It would be at a sandals resort because I get a great discounted rate. Leaning towards Nassau as it is easier to get to. Looking for advice on diving at both locations and primarily anyone that has dove with sandals. Thank you!

Below are the general diving rules from Sandals/Beaches. They offer a 'Shark Dive" in Nassau for an extra fee, but note that when a client of ours went on the dive, they did not feed the sharks. They dove in the area where other dive operators go, that do feed the sharks.

The under mention are need to know information. It is straight forward, and also standard throughout Sandals/Beaches Resorts

• Certified diver who have dive within 6 months can go straight to a dive, once he or she clear medical and show proof of dive e.g. Logbook with stamp authenticating the dive/s & depth. Dive Computer
• All diver/s that have not dive in 7 months and up must do a pool assessment of 4 skills.
• Certified diver/s that has not dive up to 18 months must do a refresher at a minimal cost.
• All diver/s below Dive Master Level must do a shallow dive before they (diver) can go on any deep dive.
• All diver/s that complete the shallow dive satisfactory will be able to do both deep and shallow dives daily
Once the requirements are met all certified divers can dive twice (2) per day seven days per week if they (Diver) so desire.

All participants certified or non-certified diver/s MUST fill out a medical questionnaire before he or she can participate in recreational diving. This information is in case a medical clearance from a doctor may be needed for any medical condition including medication being taken. See (Sandals All Inclusive Caribbean Vacation Resorts | Wedding, Honeymoon, Couples Only) to view medical statement

wow, lots of restrictions it seems. How about I show logged deco dives, would I still have to go through the crap?

twice a day?? TWICE A DAY??

i mean, hell, i know it's sandals, but 'that' accounts for only another couple of hours. a few for eating, several for sleeping, and what else are you 'allowed' to do to fill up the time??

would I still have to go through the crap?
undoubtedly.

Rules and routines like this are pretty typical for diving at mainstream AIs and oriented towards the casual/infrequent diver. They also have a rep of short/babysat dives and not going to the best sites. Common wisdom is to stay at the AI if that works for you, but do your diving with a real (outside) dive op.

twice a day?? TWICE A DAY??

i mean, hell, i know it's sandals, but 'that' accounts for only another couple of hours. a few for eating, several for sleeping, and what else are you 'allowed' to do to fill up the time??

screwing comes to mind. :D

Thanks for the advice. We have 2 new divers in our group that have not dove for a year so it may not be bad to get them the experience. Plus I stay for $200 for 2 people per night. I fly for free. So my girlfriend and I can go for 5 nights for a total of $1000 for flying, diving, eating, and drinking. Not bad for second dive trip.

screwing comes to mind. :D

that was the 'that' referenced in my post...but really, dive & sex?? i'd like to do *each* more than twice a day.

We dove Sandals Negril, they would only let you dive once a day, even though it says 2 times. You have to sign up the day before. They run 3 dives a day usually 2 in the morning, with the boat coming back to the dock between dives (8:30am deep & 11:00am shallow) then an afternoon dive for the "resort course" people at 2:00pm. The shallow dive was diving in a cattle boat with 10-15 divers per trip.

that was the 'that' referenced in my post...but really, dive & sex?? i'd like to do *each* more than twice a day.

I knew that was your sideways reference. I'm not as sideways. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom