Diving at Beaches Negril Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Klieb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if anyone has dove at the Beaches or Sandals resorts in Negril. If so how do the dive boats work choice of dive sites or do they ask for input or is it pretty much get on the boat and this is what you get ? I've looked at their dive site list and it shows several sites where I'd be interested in diving. Mostly because sharks are often seen and those are the ones I am most interested in. Thanks in advance for the input.

Couples didn't fit into our family vacation plans but thank you for the recommendation I will consider it for a trip for me and the wife.

At Sandals you sign up for time slots that the dive boat goes out. Normally 1 dive in the morning and then they come back and do another dive and hour or so later. You don't get to choose where the boats go. Diving in JA isn't good. Diving with Sandals has been my least favorite. They seen I had my own gear and left me alone. I trailed behind and we dove over a dead reef.

Well that is somewhat disappointing that you don't have input on the dive site but I guess that's what you get in a resort environment. I have been watching a ton of YouTube vids and I can't speak to your experience from the vids the reef looked pretty healthy.

I can’t remember any specific sites (and I’m not great logging that sort of stuff) but here are some pics from my 2016 trip to Negril. There are a limited number of sites and all the resorts go to the same ones so you will end up on these same reefs.

As noted above JA diving isn’t the best in the Caribbean but it’s certainly not bad. I don’t remember many sharks other than Nurse but the reefs were colourful, pretty and reasonably healthy.

2016 CN Diving - Google Drive

btw... if you've never been to Jamaica before do look at Club Mobay Arrival Service. Now, given the current situation I'm not sure how busy any airport will be but in the past I've booked it in advance and have been walked around 300+ people to the front of the immigration line a couple of times.

I dove beaches Montego bay last year. It was the single worst diving experience of my lifetime. Reef was completely barren/dead anything that was alive the divemasters chased and tried to pick up. It’s was abysmal.

Back
Top Bottom