Diving around turneffe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Diving seems really better around Turneffe, bur Turneefe lodge is really expensive. is it possible to dive frome semwhere cheaper but close? i

look into www.belizeadventurelodge.com. they are inside the barrier reef about 15 minutes from Belize City. it is about a 30-45 minute boat right to Turneffe. It is run by Hugh Parkey's Dive Connection, so the dive operation is the best in Belize.

We were at Turneffe Island Lodge last week - it is fabulous!!! We dived with grey reef sharks, a pod of dolphins, a HUGE loggerhead turtle, lobters, crabs, a manta ray, eagle rays galore, moray eels, spotted morays, goliath grouper, and nurse sharks. It is worth every penny. And the food is outstanding! If you can make it work financially, go!

I just got back from a trip to Caye Caulker - we dove Turneffe north on March 5th, the sea had waves larger than I've ever been on. The vis wasn't that great and although we saw lots of fish, we didn't see much at all. It was over an hour boat ride in seas that were much larger than the boat - I was the only one on the boat that didn't get sick. I had read stories like Scuba Monster's, but we were just happy to be back at the dock <grin>.... Oh well, some dives are good, others are GREAT and you can never tell what you'll see under there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom