Diving around Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUnderTheC

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I'm going to be in Taipei, Taiwan between Sept 7-12, 2007 and was hoping someone had some info on places to dive, recommended dive shops etc. I wouldn't mind doing some shore diving on the NE side, or taking a weekend trip to Kenting. Unfortunately I'll be travelling solo, so if you need a buddy or don't mind an extra buddy - please let me know. Info on places to stay in Kenting would be sweet - ideally a dive hostel!!! ...so I can roll out of bed.. into the water... :)

Thanks,

G

I will post a comment here just in case divers look back and check out 'Diving around Taiwan'.
There is good diving in Kenting, however do not expect to see large fish or many big pelagics unless you go far off shore to Seven Stars. Kenting is sadly fished out but that does not mean there are no fish. There is good macro life there and some decent muck diving. Turtles, sea snakes, Blue spotted rays, Leaf fish, frog fish, Helmet Gunards, 100's of Yellow tail Barracuda, Pigmy Seahorses, several varieties of Lionfish, nudibranchs, many polyclads/flatworms and very healthy soft coral gardens. The best dive hostel in Kenting area is the New World Dive Center aka Newport at the top of kenting high street. They have a great dorm and an excellent dive training pool. The dorm is NT$400 per night. If you wish to contact them just send me a PM message I will be happy to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom