Diving around Taipei

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green Island sounds interesting. Keep me posted!

I know, but if a thread necromancy,… but did anything ever come of trying to organise?
I know, sadly, Nigel closed Scubar down but opened a bar/pub restaurant instead and is cleaning up the coast regularly.

Would love to hear news from Taiwan - last 5 years must have been extremely rocky for all inhabitants, visitors, flora, and fauna,…

Yeah, sadly Scubar no more, but Joakim one of his instructors picked up where Nigel left off. He is taking people out most weekends..

NE coast season is just getting started.. though still a little too cold for me.. haha biodiversity been good over the last couple years up north, seen some memorable critters (allbeit in-frequently).. everyone believes this year is the year of the pigmy seahorse..

Rest of the island not much changed, XiaoLiuQiu whilst still a great weekend get away suffered from the bleaching event a couple years back.. so the reefs not as healthy (also think the influx of local tourists didnt help)..

hsin

Yeah, sadly Scubar no more, but Joakim one of his instructors picked up where Nigel left off. He is taking people out most weekends..

NE coast season is just getting started.. though still a little too cold for me.. haha biodiversity been good over the last couple years up north, seen some memorable critters (allbeit in-frequently).. everyone believes this year is the year of the pigmy seahorse..

Rest of the island not much changed, XiaoLiuQiu whilst still a great weekend get away suffered from the bleaching event a couple years back.. so the reefs not as healthy (also think the influx of local tourists didnt help)..

hsin

It makes me insanely happy to read that someone is still caring for, sharing, and diving those magical spots! I hope we can return to dive there soon again!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom