Diving (and not diving) on a cruise in New Caledonia and Vanuatu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got off Voyager of the Seas that sailed from Sydney yo Noumea, Port Vila, Lifou and Mare. I had arranged diving in Port Vila and Lifou.

In Port Vila I dived with Nautilus Watersports. They were great. It was just me with a dive guide and boat guy and we dived the Konanda wreck and then Twin Bommies. There were no other divers on either site. As we got out from the second dive another boat with about a dozen divers arrived; this was the 'ship tour dive'.
Between dives I was fed fresh pineapple and delicious chocolate cake and had a great chat with the crew, who were super friendly. Back at the dock I rinsed my gear and they organised a water taxi to get me back to the ship. It was a very pleasant day.

I had arranged to dive Lifou with Lagoon Safaris. They had been difficult to contact. They said we needed four divers. I had found one other guy and we both agreed we were willing to pay double, but when I emailed this news to the dive shop, they said they had enough people. We made clear what time the ship arrived and they confirmed that all would be good, if we could be on the first tender, which we were. When we arrived there was nobody who turned up to meet us. Their boat was sitting in the bay and we found the shipping container and shed that was the dive shop, but all was deserted. I ended up lugging my gear back to the ship and then just doing some snorkelling with the family. Did see some sea snakes at least!

In Port Vila I dived with Nautilus Watersports. They were great. It was just me with a dive guide and boat guy and we dived the Konanda wreck and then Twin Bommies.
Did my first dive ever with them 2 years ago and these two dives a year later, they're great.
snorkelling
I couldn't find any scuba available at Lifou, had some awesome snorkelling there though. Hope you met the turtles? :)

Did my first dive ever with them 2 years ago and these two dives a year later, they're great.

I couldn't find any scuba available at Lifou, had some awesome snorkelling there though. Hope you met the turtles? :)

I didn't, but my wife and daughter did, so I saw the video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom