Diving After Work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iowasnowboarder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some time slightly later this spring, Chatfield will be warm enough to not require ice diving and dry suits. Considering that I work relatively close to Chatfield, I was wondering if anyone else worked in that area, or would like to meet regularly afterwork to dive at Chatfield?

Maybe, but I would rather try Aurora first.
I do want to do the river dive on the south end of the res at Chatfield. It's close to the gravel shore area on the East side across from the swim beach.
G

iowasnowboarder:
Some time slightly later this spring, Chatfield will be warm enough to not require ice diving and dry suits. Considering that I work relatively close to Chatfield, I was wondering if anyone else worked in that area, or would like to meet regularly afterwork to dive at Chatfield?

For some diving on the weekdays, but we shall see what the diving is like.

I'm not sure what Chatfield diving is like, I'm guessing not so good even compared to the sad conditions we have around here.

In any event, we are still a couple months off..... did get a good day in on skis yesterday however :crafty:

Ron

We don't need no stinking navigation......
Umm, where were we going???? Didn't I just see that same stick again, oh, gee, we must be swimming in circles AGAIN..... LOL

That's one of my "must do" drills when I dive around here (or anywhere), it's something I think a lot of people overlook. It never seeks to amaze me haw many people I run into that can't use a compas.

I would love to do Aurora.
Sneak out after work, burn a cyl of 50% and head home feeling refreshed.
Greg

Guys, Don't get me wrong, I don't expect diving Chatfield to be anything fantastic, mostly I expect it to be low vis and cold. However, It is close to my office, and it may allow me to get wet. Since I am a newbie diver, i am really just trying to get more bottom time to work on my skills. Buoyancy, trim, kick technique, etc. Now, If someone wants to fund sinking a battleship in chatfield, that would be just fine with me too.

No worries.......
I'm down with diving anywhere just about at any time.
I work off Evans West of Denver University, so I'm close enough.
Greg

Back
Top Bottom