Diving after Inspire cpac procedure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saniflush

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
So I have a friend that is looking at having this procedure done but cannot find out any information pertaining to the ability to dive if at all after it. Any of our resident knowerabouters have any insight?

Hi @Saniflush ,

Inspire isn't an external CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) device, it's an implanted device that monitors respiration and electrically stimulates the hypoglossal nerve, which thrusts the tongue forward and keeps it from blocking the oropharynx. The newer implanted device, model number 3028, is rated to 30m/100 feet per the manufacturer manual linked here . The old one, model 3024, is rated to 10 meters/33 feet per the manual (page 20).

Best regards,
DDM

Thank you @Duke Dive Medicine . Knew you would have the knowledge. Mrs Flush still wants a tour and since she just finished her doctorate a couple of days ago says she will now have the time.

Thank you @Duke Dive Medicine . Knew you would have the knowledge. Mrs Flush still wants a tour and since she just finished her doctorate a couple of days ago says she will now have the time.

For the record, I called the manufacturer. I also sent the info to our nurse manager since we may see these in hyperbaric treatment patients. Many congratulations to Mrs. Flush, just PM me for the tour!

Best regards,
DDM

Back
Top Bottom