Diving After Flying & Dive sites: Grand Caymen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
How long should I wait after flying before I go diving to about 30-60 feet?
Also, what are the best dive sites in the Grand Caymens, nearl 7 mile beach, but on the North Sound?? (years ago I found Eden's Rock/Devils Grotto & loved it. Has it changed?)

Last edited:
Hi there,

Flying and diving is a pressure related problem. The problem comes with decompression, not compression. Therefore, diving after flying does not present a problem, as this involves compression. Flying after diving definitely does, as this involves increasing decompression and therefore risk of DCI.

Can't help you with the local knowledge, sorry.

Russell

though if you happen to arrive at your destination tired and dehydrated from a long day of airline travel, there is much to be said for getting a little rest before diving no matter how deep you are going.

your question is confusing - near 7 mile beach, but on the North Sound?
Do you mean the North wall? (which isn't near 7 mile beach.) But often operators going to dive the North wall leave from some docks on the sound so it's a shorter trip to many of the north wall sites. Or are you specifically looking for shore diving? Since you say 30-60ft, are you looking only for shallow dives?

Eden Rock/Devils Grotto, depending how long ago you were there, may have changed - many reports describe it as somewhat beat up from heavy dive traffic over the years. (How long has it been since you've been diving anywhere?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom