Diving a couple of days from Tikila Bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not see what is wrong with switching or removing your tanks outside honestly, we do this all the time, and people don't take it the way you do, they do understand.

That's what I said. Maybe there should be a nice bench for several people to sit and work on gear, though.

Looking at a map, it seems inconvenient for divers to walk all the way back to the shop just to change out tanks. Much better to just do them at Tikila by the water.

Looking at a map, it seems inconvenient for divers to walk all the way back to the shop just to change out tanks. Much better to just do them at Tikila by the water.
Actually, it was proposed by Stef on day 1, but Morten needed to change the battery of his camera between dives, so had to go back to the shop.

Actually, it was proposed by Stef on day 1, but Morten needed to change the battery of his camera between dives, so had to go back to the shop.

I'd still drop the gear at Tikila and walk back for the battery change. And I don't know the arrangement with JD and Tikila but maybe there is a way to store stuff at Tikila. I'd think a diver doing a shore dive with Tikila as an entry point is a lot more likely to have post-dive lunch at Tikila if that is where they get into dry clothes.

We have come back to PdC after 4 dives with Jungle Divers over 2 days.

We contacted Jungle Divers via email and they were very helpful.
They helped us to book a room for one nigth in Albatross Suites wich is only a 5 minutes walk from the diveshop. And we booked 4 Tikila dives.

We did one duskdive and one nightdive on the first day and two dives the morning after.
We dived with Steph and he was a good diveguide and nice to talk to.
And we had some great dives finding a lot of unusual sea-life. The highlights was a viper moray posing and the biggest and probably oldest loggerhead turtle we have ever seen.

All was fine until after the first dive on the second day.
When we came back to the diveshop after that dive Stephs wife and partner was there and she was very unfriendly and grumpy. She did not want us to go in to the diveshop, and she refused my wife to use the toilet in the shop. She said she had just cleaned the floor, so she told us to stay outside, even though our dry clothes was inside. After that the mood was not the best. And it was very strange to stand outside on the pavement to wait for the next dive.
After the second dive of the day, she did not want us in the shop again, but we had to walk inside to the rinse room to rinse our equipment. I had to pack our dive-gear and camera equpment on the pavement outside the shop.
We never did or said anything to provoke. We just felt we had to get away from there.
I have dived all over the world, and never have I been treated the way I was treated there.

Too bad, because we really enjoyed diving with Steph, but we will never dive with them again.
We’ve never had any complaints about Jungle Divers, or Stef and Alex. Always consummate professionals
Perhaps you had extremely wet clothing which would have made the floor slippery?
I’m sorry you had a less than great experience but we’ll continue to use them and know we’ll have fabulous dives and great treatment.
Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom