Diving a couple of days from Tikila Bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mortenscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi !

We are travelling to Playa del Carmen on December 3.
We have booked a weeks diving in PdC (Cenotes, Bullsharks etc).
We had also booked 2 days landbased diving from Tikila Bar on 11. and 13. of December,
but our DiveCenter in PdC cancelled the Tikila dives.

Our plan now is to dive Tikila with a local DiveCenter i Cozumel.
We have to take the ferry each day.

My question is, which DiveCenter or DiveGuide can you recommend we contact to dive 2 days landbased diving in Tikila?
We are experienced divers, taking photos and we have all equipment except tanks and weights.
We have dived Tikila before but it would be nice to have a guide to find some special stuff (seahorse or a frogfish if we are lucky).

Morten

I recently enjoyed diving Tikila with Steph from Jungle Divers. Their shop is right across the street and he's a good guide with a particular interest in photography himself. would suggest reaching out, they're easy to chat with on whatsapp

You don't need to book anything unless you need a guide. If the port is open then just show up and rent tanks. There are a couple of other shops with a hundred yards that you can also rent tanks from and dive the same area.

I recently enjoyed diving Tikila with Steph from Jungle Divers. Their shop is right across the street and he's a good guide with a particular interest in photography himself. would suggest reaching out, they're easy to chat with on whatsapp
Another vote here for Jungle Divers -- great folks right across from Tikila, and at $45 for a day shore dive and $55 for a night dive there it is hard to beat. And definitely worth doing a night dive there also -- we had a great 98 minute night dive at Tikila with Jungle Divers and saw a ton of critters!

Hi !

We are travelling to Playa del Carmen on December 3.
We have booked a weeks diving in PdC (Cenotes, Bullsharks etc).
We had also booked 2 days landbased diving from Tikila Bar on 11. and 13. of December,
but our DiveCenter in PdC cancelled the Tikila dives.

Our plan now is to dive Tikila with a local DiveCenter i Cozumel.
We have to take the ferry each day.

My question is, which DiveCenter or DiveGuide can you recommend we contact to dive 2 days landbased diving in Tikila?
We are experienced divers, taking photos and we have all equipment except tanks and weights.
We have dived Tikila before but it would be nice to have a guide to find some special stuff (seahorse or a frogfish if we are lucky).

Morten
The only Cozumel dives you are doing are shore dives? Have you been to Cozumel before?

Another vote here for Jungle Divers -- great folks right across from Tikila, and at $45 for a day shore dive and $55 for a night dive there it is hard to beat. And definitely worth doing a night dive there also -- we had a great 98 minute night dive at Tikila with Jungle Divers and saw a ton of critters!

Do those rates include a guaranteed private guide ? Those are essentially the per tank costs for group boat dives for many shops assuming $90-100 ballpark for a 2 tank boat dive

Do those rates include a guaranteed private guide ? Those are essentially the per tank costs for group boat dives for many shops assuming $90-100 ballpark for a 2 tank boat dive

Surely so. If they are not providing a guide then all they are providing is a tank and weights. You can rent that just about anywhere for less than $10. There is no admission fee to the ocean.

It definitely includes a guide (usually Stef, the co-owner) in addition to tank and weights. Their website says they will take up to 4 divers of similar experience with a guide (which is less than most boat dives) and that most dives last around 1.5 hours. When we went, it was just my son and me with the guide. They include photos from your dive at no additional cost also, and their night dive rate includes use of a light also.

I believe @Kimela recently did shore dives at Tikila with Jungle Divers also.

The only Cozumel dives you are doing are shore dives? Have you been to Cozumel before?
I have been diving Cozumel before, both from shore and boatdives. I am diving Cozumel direct from PdC. I am on a package trip with flights and hotel included. Not possible to book a package trip to Cozumel from Norway. In these Covid times it is safer for me to book package trips because the insurance cover is better.

Back
Top Bottom