Diving 40 years ago today...Civil War artifacts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice short article there Wade, (my son's name is Wade also!). Isn't it funny how governments close off sites and then cover them over? if they would have worked with the divers to recover the artifacts then they could have had awesome relics for a museum.

Thanks for the article and sharing~!!!!

I have some cool civil war relics I have found metal detecting and I have a great underwater detector I need to merge both of these hobbies to see if I can score some more relics!!!!

There are lots of Civil war wrecks here around Savannah as well. I have come across places that have quite a bit of neat stuff.

Hay MD Spear, concrats. on the 40 year mark, I will be there in 7 years and still plan to be diving hard when I get there.
I read the piece in the news letter and loved it except for the part the feds did, put it off limits to diving and then bury it, nice guys. Speaking of buried artifacts one of my diving buddies sent me a news clip today about 4 x 9 inch ARMSTRONG rifled cannons that were dug up while working on the Halifax Armoury , The EOD people were called in, which is done in Halifax by the Fleet Diving Unit, to clear the area and it looks like they may move the cannons the the diving unit's facility in Dartmouth. Each cannon weighs 12 ton.
ZDD

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 723

Back
Top Bottom