Divine Secrets of the She-P Sisterhood, Episode 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

these are excellent! anyone who has been on the fence about getting a she-p - watch!

thank you, laura.

I am looking forward to watching!

Great video Laura! :)

I'm putting together ideas for the next episode... This will include kitting up and getting ready to dive... Are there any questions people would like answered? at some point i'm going to start going through more 'odd/funny' occurrences, things that were chronicled in "beyond the diaper zone", including my latest amusement, a small piece of thread that made it under both the little diaphragm in the p-valve AND the o-ring that is inside the screw down cap, that allowed a slow, annoying trickle of chilly water to come in my pee valve (I wasn't hooked up) OH how i wished i'd used one of those white sealing plugs when I got out of the water, undressed, and squeezed a cup of salt water out of my drysuit booty :wink: note to self, cf200's take exactly overnight to dry....

Hi Tammy, I have had mine in since the dive season started and yes, it is well worth it. Long dive days in places with no bathrooms or port-o-potty's makes having a She-P well worth it.

I ordered the She-P while I was waiting for my suit to have the p-valve installed. I practiced with it on land a time or two just to make sure that I could attach it correctly when the time was right. The first time I used the She-P in the drysuit it was a complete success. The second and third time, utter failures. Since then, it has been better and I have not had a failure again. The failures were operator error, not enough glue on the "rear" side and to much glue all over the other time. To be safe, I have used Poise pads just in case there is a leak. I will eventually stop using them as I get more comfortable with making sure that it is attached and not going anywhere.

And shaving is better than waxing since waxing required more growth to remove the hair.

I also found that the glue remover pad irritate my skin if I do not wash it off after I get rid of the glue on my skin. The stuff if potent as it removed my nail polish one day after a dive.

Have panties that are dive panties because the glue is strong and does not come off in the wash. It can get everywhere if you are not careful.

Good luck with it though. I have found that along with the drysuit, dry gloves, and hot socks, the p valve/she-p has really been a major improvement to my diving comfort.

There is definitely a learning curve. Laura, the US She-P guru, swears by using two thongs, one on either side of the device. I haven't tried that yet. I DO use glue on me AND on the She-P in the back. That seems to minimize leaks.

Back
Top Bottom