DiveX PTB Retrofit Module

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John A

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi:
I looking for information on the DixeX PTB Retrofit Module.
Preferably from someone that has installed and used the kit on a Sierra.
Looking for information on actual run times and performance.
Thank-you

Hi:
Thank-you

do you not believe the chart from DiveX themselves?
Speed/Thrust are going to be the same as the stock battery on the left side of the black line, range will be determined by which battery you had in the Sierra and which PTB you chose
Sierra_PTB-9_Performance_Imperial_2019.12.31.png

do you not believe the chart from DiveX themselves?
Speed/Thrust are going to be the same as the stock battery on the left side of the black line, range will be determined by which battery you had in the Sierra and which PTB you chose
View attachment 674440

And which size battery do you think this was based on? 42 minutes at cruise is pathetic. I’m hoping the “PTB-9” denotes 9ah batteries.

And which size battery do you think this was based on? 42 minutes at cruise is pathetic. I’m hoping the “PTB-9” denotes 9ah batteries.

That was with 9ah batteries, they also posted one with the 12ah batteries. I wouldn't call it pathetic though, it's a ~320wh battery pack which is about what you'd get from a short body gavin, UV-18, and I believe what the original body for a standard sierra had

Cuda_PTB-12_Performance_Imperial_2019.12.31.png

FWIW, I have a PTB ring coming for one of the Sierras I’m rebuilding, I’ll have some “actual run times and performance” to report. I’m holding out hope for the 15ah batteries to materialize soon which hopefully ought to be (ETA: more ) useful.

Not sure what info there is to gain from the Cuda graph.

Hi:
Thank-you

I’d go with a full lithium pack option over the PTB kits... (I had a beta kit for my Cuda a few years ago)

Less lead, more cells, more features and better power/runtimes.

There are some european manufacturers with Canadian distributors @Charlene Barker

UNLESS you plan on flying with them... then NiMh or PTB would be the better option...

But you will still need to make up the difference in weight between the stock NiMh and PTB

_R

I’d go with a full lithium pack option over the PTB kits... (I had a beta kit for my Cuda a few years ago)

Less lead, more cells, more features and better power/runtimes.

There are some european manufacturers with Canadian distributors @Charlene Barker

UNLESS you plan on flying with them... then NiMh or PTB would be the better option...

But you will still need to make up the difference in weight between the stock NiMh and PTB

_R

The best option really is to start making my own battery packs. For this sierra I just need to get it up and going so I threw money at the problem.

My piranha is using a battery space pack and it’s good for at least 3 hours at cruise. I have another Sierra , that needs a little extra love, it is likely going to get a homemade pack.

I built my own PTB modules for ours. Each holds 4, 9 amp Waitley packs.

I had been borrowing a genuine module before I made ours, and never once did we have an issue with runtime being a factor, using the 12amp dewalt packs. Another friend uses the 9 amp dewalt packs and doesn't have runtime issues either.

I built my own PTB modules for ours. Each holds 4, 9 amp Waitley packs.

I had been borrowing a genuine module before I made ours, and never once did we have an issue with runtime being a factor, using the 12amp dewalt packs. Another friend uses the 9 amp dewalt packs and doesn't have runtime issues either.

How fast, how long, and are we still talking about Sierras?

I'm running Sierras, both up to 80% on the castle controller, the 18 amps of battery should yield (on paper) around a 2 hr duration at cruising speed of 150fpm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom