DiveTalker talking dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Lev

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently won a DiveTalker Talking dive computer on the bay. Haven't received it yet. I saw a short video on it by the inventer on utube. Made in the early 90's. Has anyne ever seen or used one? I like collecting unique pieces. This is different for sure. Thanks Mike.

A vintage collector buddy of mine has lots of documentation on it and has talked with the inventor at length. If you are interested in more info, shoot me a PM with your email address and I will pass it on to him.

I owned two of them and dove quite a lot with them even on technical deep dives. I was able to change various settings in them with the interface. We called the earpiece the bone phone it was just a little bothersome. The thing I did not like the most about them was that they were too chatty and the womans voice drove me nuts after awhile with all the warnings and updates it gives you although if I remember right you could change the rates through the PC interface very old software now DOS based. I do think they were ahead of their time I thought they were well built and reliable very very unique. If you got the software and interface it is a really good vintage find.

I owned two of them and dove quite a lot with them even on technical deep dives. I was able to change various settings in them with the interface. We called the earpiece the bone phone it was just a little bothersome. The thing I did not like the most about them was that they were too chatty and the womans voice drove me nuts after awhile with all the warnings and updates it gives you although if I remember right you could change the rates through the PC interface very old software now DOS based. I do think they were ahead of their time I thought they were well built and reliable very very unique. If you got the software and interface it is a really good vintage find.

If you don't mind, would you PM me your email address, I suspect my collector friend would like to talk with you about your experience with the Divetalker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom