Dives in Saskatchewan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prairieman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New to diving and would like to know where r some good spots in the province.Also looking for as many buddys as possible.

Good luck prairieman and welcome to the board! I drove through Sask once but I was really drunk at the time and don't remember much. Sorry, that's all I got.

If it's any comfort you would get a chance to dive with pike out there which we on the coast do not :bonk:

What part of Sask? That may help narrow down the search.

I am also new to the area, (just moved in) and will like to dive some of the famous places, specially the wrecks off Nanaimo, for the momment I have no car (but can share gas expenses...basically I have to do some tests before I get a drivers licence, and buy a car, the one from Ecuador doesn't works here).

Have lot of experience (> 3,000 dives/32 years diving, worked as a divemaster-guide in the Galapagos Islands), but no experience in the local waters (only 4 dives at Whytecliff Park), so we should take a guided tour at least for the wrecks. I have some time off this weekend or we can plan some dives in weekdays.

Living in West Vancouver, close to Whytecliff Park, if you can call me, the numbers are: home 778-279-2281; cell 778-990-9335.:cool2:

Hi Prairieman, welcome to Saskatchewan.

A good resource for Sask diving is The Diving Center in Saskatoon. (I tried posting a link to their website but the forum won't let me because I have less than 5 posts. Just google for "the diving center"). They are affiliated with a local club that goes out most Wednesday evenings, and can probably put you in touch with other divers looking for buddies. I'd be interested in buddying myself but I'm moving to Vancouver in a couple weeks.

One of the he most popular dive sites seems to be around Lake Diefenbaker. It's a lake formed by Gardiner Dam so there's an underwater forest in the lake itself and nice current dive just on the other side of the Dam where the water comes through the turbines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom