divers-supply.com. Legitimate equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sicel1304

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, new here.

I apologize for the un-orthodox introduction, but I was just wondering whether or not I should purchase any products from this website. From anyone that has ordered from this site, do they carry "Good" brand name equipment and gear, or is it mostly Off-brand equipment? All the equipment I have now, is a pair of Scuba pro Scuba booties, and prescription googles and a snorkel that I purchased from a local Dive shop.

If anyone has purchased from divers-supply.com , please give me whatever feedback possible. I would like to know whether or not I should purchase from a licensed dealer, or take a chance and purchase online from a site.

I'm a starving college student in the land-locked Midwest of the US taking a scuba course at my local college, and I would like to own all my own gear, with the exception of a BCD and air tank for now, because those are REALLY expensive. Thanks for all your help!

Kind regards,
Les

I dont know about divers-supply.com, but I do know that Scubatoys.com will match almost any deal. Scubatoys is an authorized dealer of every thing they sell and are a reputable company.

HTH
Allen

I do know about both...

Everything Dvers-Supply.com carries is legit and they are an authorized dealer.

They also have 7 locations in the Southeast.

Divers-supply is indeed a legitimate dealer. I always stop by the Macon store on my way down to Florida and it's a nice shop with everything in stock thats on the web site. They are allways very freindly and helpful. They do have some store branded equipment but from what I have looked at even it seems pretty decent, especially for the price.

I have purchased my Mares regulators and BCD from Divers Supply and my PST steel tanks. Great customer service and quality products with very reasonable shipping. When I needed to have my inflator hose replaced, they took care of it under warranty with no issues.

I also bought from Scubatoys and can recommend them as well.

Both are wonderful competitors and examples of how to do things right. We hope that we are as professional in our approach to business.

Happy Diving

So, in other words, I shouldn't be concerned about their lack of Scuba-Pro products? I'm just curious, because all I "think" I know about Scuba Pro, is that they are the best of the best. I see a lot of "Henderson" and "Neosport"...all are those all good brands?

Do you guys think it would be safer for me to just go to a dive shop to get fitted for a wet suit, instead of buying one over the internet?

Kind regards,
Les

yes, it is safer to go into a dive shop to get fitted for a wetsuit.

ScubaPro does not allow Legite dealers to sell on the interenet, I think Scubapro is good equipment but far from the best of the best.....

Sicel1304:
So, in other words, I shouldn't be concerned about their lack of Scuba-Pro products? I'm just curious, because all I "think" I know about Scuba Pro, is that they are the best of the best. I see a lot of "Henderson" and "Neosport"...all are those all good brands?

Do you guys think it would be safer for me to just go to a dive shop to get fitted for a wet suit, instead of buying one over the internet?

Kind regards,
Les

Scuba Pro is good equipment, with that said, all I own from ScubaPro is a pair of split fins. They are a well known name brand in the SCUBA industry, but there are a number of other excellent products and brands out there.

Best advice I can offer is check around ask questions look at all the products that are available in your price point and make a decison based on your needs. There are a lot of good manufacurers out there.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom