Divers paradise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munkispank

Contributor
Reaction score
hey- has anyone stayed at divers paradise apartments? - I am looking for a cheapie with kitchenette and have narrowed it down to Dive Inn, yacht club and diver paradise.
Any experiences?

I am assuming that you are talking about Bonaire. I understand the Yacht club is fairly nice and Happy Holiday Homes is also. Try lookin at www.infobonaire.com ,you should see something something you like there. I found a bunkhouse there for around $20 a night. Where ever you look, be sure you are compairing like packages. They vary a lot in what they include. You will want a vehicle so be sure to figure the cost of that into your calcs.

A way we cut a little cost is to drop any boat dives from any package we get. We much prefer to shore dive anyway and it saves us about $100pp.

We stay at Buddy Dive, not the cheapest place but the "Dive and Drive" plan is pretty good and once you add it all up, it's not a bad price and I know the quality is good.

Yeah- sorry I should have clarified bonaire- I have also been checking bonaire talk so I guess I forgot which one I was on!

thanks for the advice, I am spolit for choice. I will definately rent a truck, and it looks like if I stay at the paradise divers resort they work with Buddy dive for dives.

Either way I cannot wait. Anyone else gonna be there from Aug 6th?

We've stayed twice at the Yachtclub and we're going back for Christmas this year because they're clean, cheap and well stocked with enough basic utensils to cook most of your meals if you choose to. We've stayed in the same one bedroom on the corner both times, but they have since completed an addition which has a number of brand new studio apartments.

Its a great location just north of downtown across the road from the Harbor Village and very close to the Sandollar, Lion's (Bon Bini divers), Capt Don's, and Buddy's. The one bedrooms are basic, but large, with full kitchens, and cable TV. The bedroom has A/C which can cool the back section of the apartment.

I have heard that the studios are very nice, and have a full refrigerator. The only setback is that the one bedroom unit we stayed in did not have a hot water heater. I don't know how many of the units have one. Its actually not too bad, because you can get a warm shower in the afternoon , but if that is important to you, then ask ahead.

Marcel the owner is very nice and since he own's Total Car Rental as well, he will work a good truck/apartment special for a week stay.

Where ever you stay, be sure to hit the Cultimara supermarket and get the Bayer's (in the green bottle) bug spray. This is the best stuff I found and an early application will make the whole
stay more enjoyable.

All of the dive operators I mentioned are a short drive away and all offer unlimited tanks and weights for roughly a little over $100 per week per person. You just have to do your orientation with one and pick up your park tag (both mandatory). You can even work the house reefs by doing one day unlimited tanks with any or all of them.

As the licence plates say, its Diver's Paradise

If you are diving with Buddy, you will love the drive thru air station. Sure beats lugging tanks long distances.
Don't miss the BT get togethers at Gibi's on tuesday nights at 6:30.

Hi
My wife and stayed at Divers Paradise last February. It had small kitchen where we ate lunch and breakfast. It was clean and quiet. We had a rental car with it and got our tanks through Buddy's. Only problem there was no alarm clock which made it difficult getting to the airport on time when we left.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom