Divers lost at sea for 24 hours rescued alive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A strongly recommend BCA - 255 by OMS its 5ft 2 inches and once filled does not deflate easily.. Its rolls up very small and is about 50lbs of lift so it can be used for a stable deco float.. I carry one on every dive along with a reel for it (seperate from my normal wreck reel) in addition I will start carrying BCA - 255E which is bright yellow with the word emergency, to signal if there is a problem underwater instead of just needing it as an SMB.

They also have BCA - 268 which is almost 10 feet long..

I just had a thought.

What about having your budy clip his spool to yours (if it has somewhere to clip too that is) so that if yours does tangle partway through deplyment you just let it go and HIS becomes the primary spool?

When you get up to the depth of your tangled spool you can take care of it then and the budy team has not lost its surface marker in the mean time.

It still won't help if both spools tangle but it's an extra shot at success.

Does this make any sense or am I making it more complicated than it needs to be?

EDIT: I guess this only applies if you have more than 1 spool but only one bag for the team.

it wouldn't work, but on reels it would.:) I believe this has been brought up before, but you run the risk of entanglement with all the line out between the two of you. Its much safer just to have 2 of everything. I know, but what if you only have 1 bag...well the simple answer to that is don't do the dive if you don't have the proper safety equipment for it. Besides, the bags are cheap for what they're worth when you need one.:wink:

mike

wow...they are very lucky..

can't image wat I will do if I'm in their position

Back
Top Bottom