Divers in Croydon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

indigo_dc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Quick background, qualified with PADI to OWD level in Jan 2011 and have been strictly a holiday diver since. With a recent holiday I've clocked up 20 dives now, so still very much a newbie, but the holiday reminded me how much I enjoy diving and I'm determined to get off my arse and keep some momentum going with my diving :)

I've googled a couple of local BSAC clubs and will work up the courage to go along, but wondered if anyone on here was local? Also, not sure what kind of reception I'd get if I walked into a BSAC club as a PADI trainee? :idk:

Also... a more general question, the only dive I've not really enjoyed so far was a wreck dive and from the little research I've done it sounds like the big thing for the UK is wrecks.... but surely there must be more? Not 100% sure how to find out though :)

Hi indigo,

And welcome to this fantastic underwater world.

A diver is a diver doesn’t matter which agency. With BSAC you have the choice of continuing to get further qualifications with PADI or take the next level course with BSAC, Sports Diver. As a PADI OW you can enroll straight onto the course with any BSAC Branch (club). It’s your choice, but I’m biased to BSAC.

Yes there are loads of wrecks in UK waters. But there is also some fantastic sea-life, most of the diving I do is what’s called scenic. In fact we’re diving Loch Creran tomorrow.

Kind regards

I'm not too far away in Kingston. My club actually has a few members from out your way (Kingston and elmbidge bsac based in Tolworth). You're fine to join as PADI. I'm Padi and GUE trained, crossed over to SD so I can clean the shark tank at Chessington world of adventures.

good luck

We have a multi-agency dive club attached to the PADI school I teach at just the other side of the M25 from you (East Grinstead). Pool nights every other Monday in Crawley, regular weekend trips and longer holidays. Website is Scuba Diving Club - Sussex Scuba if you want to take a look.

Back
Top Bottom