Divers Den Toby - rental tanks question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes, I’ve emailed them. Waiting for a response. Does anyone know what kind of tanks Divers Den rents? Their website doesn’t specify. Just wondering if I need to haul my own steels next July or if I can get rental steels.

Thanks!

I really prefer to bring my own....

Got a response. They rent HP100s. Will have to reserve in advance when they open for the season in May. I will be carpooling with others who mostly will not be hauling tanks. So if I don’t have to bring them, it’s better. Plus there will be 4 dives in one day. I’d have to worry about fills at lunch or bring 4 tanks. Renting is so much easier in that situation.

Sorry for the tardy reply. Mike and Kelly are away right now doing the Christmas thing. I'd be a little cautious in assuming you can get steel 100s. The VAST majority of their tanks are alu 80s. They have some steels there, but I think there's only a handful. I'd recommend taking your own if you can. Mid-day fills are normally pretty simple to manage. Their shop is only a few hundred feet from the dock and they normally meet boats with wagons to tote stuff.

Four dives up here is an ambitious day. Assuming you're on a charter with DD, you might want to to see if you're coming in at noon, or spending the time on the lake. If there's a full group, and each of you takes four tanks, the skipper might have something to say about it. That's a lot of gear to carry and stow...

Sorry for the tardy reply. Mike and Kelly are away right now doing the Christmas thing. I'd be a little cautious in assuming you can get steel 100s. The VAST majority of their tanks are alu 80s. They have some steels there, but I think there's only a handful. I'd recommend taking your own if you can. Mid-day fills are normally pretty simple to manage. Their shop is only a few hundred feet from the dock and they normally meet boats with wagons to tote stuff.

Four dives up here is an ambitious day. Assuming you're on a charter with DD, you might want to to see if you're coming in at noon, or spending the time on the lake. If there's a full group, and each of you takes four tanks, the skipper might have something to say about it. That's a lot of gear to carry and stow...

Stoo, I emailed DD and got a response they they do have some HP100. I just have to contact them when they open in May to reserve them.

I’m on the trip with Aqua Hut out of Toledo. They’re organizing everything. I’ve done 4 dives in one day multiple times on Lake Michigan and 3 dives in a day on the opposite side of Lake Huron (Alpena).

I forgot to ask - how many of their boats have fin on ladders? I’m spoiled. I’ve only ever dove boats with them.

Stoo, I emailed DD and got a response they they do have some HP100. I just have to contact them when they open in May to reserve them.

They definitely have "some". My guess would be 4 - 6 steels, and not all are 100s I don't think. You might want to message them and be very specific.

As for ladders, there is an assortment of styles. I never dive on charters in Tob, but I would say most are not fin-on, bit taking fins off isn't a big deal.

Just sent another message. Looked at first response. I forgot Kelly said they also have LP95s.

I’d prefer to not have to haul tanks if I don’t have to. I’m going to be carpooling with people who generally will not be bringing tanks.

Well, poo. I like just going straight up the ladder in chop, not having to worry about fins until I’m back on board.

Kelly just emailed me back. They have 6 HP100s. I’ll just reserve them right when they open. There is no way I’m going to “lower” myself to use AL80s. Yuck. :vomit: What a thought!

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom