Divermaster training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aeronca

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for information on Divemaster training in Belize. Done most of my diving in Roatan and Thailand, including a partial DM internship in Thailand that was cut short due to Family emergency. Now looking to get back to it and finish up. Would be interested in also doing an IDC but I figure 1st thing first. Been diving a few years but still under 100 dives so fairly inexperienced and would want a longer course or internship sort of deal.
Familiar with Roatan ops and am strongly considering returning there but am planning my first trip to Ambergris Caye in Jan so thought I would do some homework on what was available there and get some recommendations from here on SB so I could check things out while I am there.
Thanks in advance.

I just wrote a long reply to you and it was deleted as soon as I hit [enter]. No time to repeat it all. There are several places on Ambergris Caye that can offer DM training, but you'll find Roatan & Utila might be cheaper and more accessible. But I recommend you first get more (a lot more) dives, then find a local dive club that you can train with. You want a long internship that you can't get at a resort location. In Britain the norm is a year, for good reason. You should have lots of experience in variable conditions, so that you are in a position to help others - the point of being a DM. If your target isn't to become an instructor but just to improve your diving, you'd do better taking an into to tech course, as offered by several agencies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom