Diverite voyager vs travel wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

two options. One which is what I would personally recommend is getting the 5th port upgrade, and I am 95% sure that the Apeks kit will work on the 50d. That will give you better hose routing anyway. Those big first stages are really awkward to work with in single tank without a bottom port because they are really tall and I have a couple of wings with an offset elbow and it doesn't help my head that much if I'm using them. Take a pic with it if you can

I had actually thought about mounting the 1st stage horizontally and getting 90 degree ss elbows to attach the hoses to so they would still route horizontally. That would alleviate the wing issue, but then i am also introducing another element of failure with those elbows.

if you rotate it horizontally or mostly horizontally you only need one elbow, but I'd check to see if the Apeks adapter is compatible with the 50d since that will solve lots of problems

Despite t-bone's shilling for a particular company, I would suggest you just get the wing you want, which you have said is dive-rite. The travel wing is plenty of lift unless you are using a very thick wetsuit. Maybe they've really changed the voyager, but the older ones are huge for single tank diving. You'll probably be happy either way. I would get the wing that will work best for the majority of diving that you will do. If that's warm water, go with the travel.

Y'all realize this thread is 6 months old?
Y’all realize this thread is 6 years old?

(And still relevant. Thanks for the info, everyone!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom