Diver missing off Deerfield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any update? Which dive boat?
from the link.

Authorities say a 55-year-old man was reported missing in the water off Deerfield Beach.

He was diving with a group from the dive boat Lady Go Diver and never surfaced, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.

The Coast Guard along with the Broward Sheriff's Office will continue searching Monday.

what were the conditions that day?

Mostly cloudy seas 4 ft.
I was on the boat and for me as a 27 yr old divemaster at 66 yrs old it very rough for me. I had a problem with correct weighting and bail out and go back to boat. The man that passed away was a having a problem and then surfaced. While holding onto his dive flag at the surface with his buddies below who could see him but a short while later was gone.

Mostly cloudy seas 4 ft.
I was on the boat and for me as a 27 yr old divemaster at 66 yrs old it very rough for me. I had a problem with correct weighting and bail out and go back to boat. The man that passed away was a having a problem and then surfaced. While holding onto his dive flag at the surface with his buddies below who could see him but a short while later was gone.

that’s really sad. Wonder if he passed out on the surface

Mostly cloudy seas 4 ft.

Richard, above you said “The man that passed away”. The news says they hadn’t found the diver yet. Did you see him pass away?

Coast Guard suspends search for 55-year-old diver near Deerfield Beach

MIAMI — The Coast Guard suspended its search for a 55-year old missing diver half a mile south of Deerfield Beach, Wednesday night.

After searching 3,932 square-nautical miles for over 68 hours, officials were unable to locate the diver who was reported missing from a dive boat on Sunday night.

“The Coast Guard’s search and rescue mission is one we take very personally, and it is never easy suspending a search,” said Christopher Eddy, the Coast Guard 7th District’s search and rescue mission coordinator.

Coast Guard Sector Miami watchstanders received notification from the dive boat, Lady Go Diver's, captain stating a man did not resurface after a group dive at 5:55 p.m., just south of Deerfield Beach in Crab Cove.

Involved in the search were Coast Guard Cutter William Trump (WPC-1111), Coast Guard Cutter Manatee (WPB-87363), Coast Guard Cutter William Flores (WPC-1103), Coast Guard Air Station Miami MH-65 Dolphin helicopter and HC-144 airplane crews, Coast Guard Stations Fort Lauderdale and Lake Worth Inlet Response boat crews as well as dive teams and land based agencies from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, Fort Lauderdale Fire Department marine units, Boca Raton Fire Department, and Hillsboro Police Department.

hat's off to all those involved in the search....thanks for your effort.

Well if he sank. And it was in a popular dive spot down here. There’s is a high likely hood someone may accidentally come across his body.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom