Diver in trouble @ Whytecliff on sat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CKNW radio reported that it was someone in their mid-30s doing their first OW dive. Depth = 40ft. Probably got spooked and bolted for the top. Smells like overexpansion injury to me...

It happened again not a week later, but this time not so lucky. Just read in the province newspaper. 61 yo instructor died as a result of diving yesterday at Whytecliff around 11am.
RIP diver

It happened again not a week later, but this time not so lucky. Just read in the province newspaper. 61 yo instructor died as a result of diving yesterday at Whytecliff around 11am.
RIP diver

Hey Les,

The 'new' accident was a result of a MI (heart attack), from what I heard on the news.

Quite different from last week's incident which resulted from panic.

I agree but just strange. Both at WC in a week. Gives non divers(like my parents)/divers alike a sense of eebyjeebies about the inherant dangers lurking in our sport.

Apparently it was a 61 year old instructor.. had a heart attack in depth and passed on..

Im not sure if the last part was true..

edit: didnt read the entire thread

Back
Top Bottom