Diver found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was he found on the bottom?

No, he was not.

I'm hesitant to release too many details at this time. When the investigation is over, I'll be able to discuss it further. I'm just glad at this point that he's still not out there.

Thanks. I understand about not being able to discuss it. I was asking because friends of mine were on the boat that day (actually underwater at the time) and were told by his buddy that he'd dropped his weights. I've been wondering how he disappeared so close to the boat with no lead. I'll patiently await the conclusion of the investigation before asking any more questions about what happened to him.

Of course this is just the media reports, and does not mean it's accurate...

but from Body found in search for missing scuba diver | news-press.com | The News-Press

_____ (name removed) was reported missing to the Coast Guard by the captain of a 27-foot charter vessel from Legacy Dive Charters of Southwest Florida at approximately 11:35 a.m. May 17. It was reported that [name removed] had surfaced from a dive about five miles west of Gasparilla Pass, while the charter vessel was retrieving another diver. When the boat went to pick him up, he had disappeared.

Interesting point was that this story reports him being missing 5 miles out and the other media reports (and this one ) have him being located 7 to 8 miles out. (of course I don't know if this is him drifting or inaccurate reporting by the media).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom