Diver found off Nahant, MA coast.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard on FB that it was a scallop dive. I believe I also heard the body has not been recovered. I know the scallop dives are 40-60' I 'think'. But to purposely all do solo dives for a handful of scallops. It seems like unnecessary risk to me. I say this and I have buddies that do it down there. Unfortunate in any case.

Edit: The article referenced above says he was transported to a facility, but the FB post of the dive outfit says 'he never resurfaced'. Maybe they meant to say he never resurfaced at the expected time.

:popcorn: edit: Solo diving debate to ensue.

I guess I will preface this by saying I assume they were solo diving, that's generally how it's done in that area when you are scalloping in scuba.

So tragic. Although it is not a deep dive, there can be bad silting and visibility, and lately the weather has been very rainy, windy autumn up here in Boston area.

I guess I will preface this by saying I assume they were solo diving, that's generally how it's done in that area when you are scalloping in scuba.

The fact is diving around here is almost always a solo dive. Many times divers can be less than arms length apart and not see each other. Divers start mucking things up more collecting scallops and a diver can be solo in a crowd of divers. I gear up for every dive I make here like it's a solo dive.

Back
Top Bottom