Diver died at FTW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
JAMESTOWN, R.I. (WPRI) — Department of EnvironmentalManagement officials have confirmed that a man drowned off the coast ofJamestown Sunday morning. The victim, a 40 year-old man from Windsor,Connecticut, was diving in the area around 10:30 a.m.Officials were not able torelease much information on the circumstances of the death but said that he wasremoved unresponsive from the water a short time later. Rescuers performed CPRand the Jamestown Fire Department took the victim to Newport Hospital, where hewas pronounced dead. It’s not yet clear if the man was with anyone else at thetime and no further information was immediately available.

I pray it's nobody I know.

Could a moderator take the s off divers? It was only one diver.

I've been looking online for more info on this but there seems to be nothing past the initial reporting.

always terrible news...

I was there... Not a good start to a great day diving... He was diving with other people, not alone. Probably heart attack or something like that. Still sad...

I was told by a LDS owner he was a student.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom