Diver Airlifted from Lake Stillhouse Belton Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wtxblaze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We were doing are Stress & Rescue classes this past weekend at Lake Stillhouse and while we were haveing lunch a boat bought in a diver to the dock and he collapsed. We rushed over there and CPR and rescue breathing were started. We had an AED and hooked him up to it. It shocked him once and he started breathing again and we put him on 100% oxygen untill the EMS got there. They called in for an airlift to take him out. Does anyone know how he is doing now?

Don't know what happened to the diver, but without your quick response and action I'm sure the outcome would have been a whole lot worse. Congratulations to you and whoever else worked on this diver. I hope that if I'm ever in trouble there's a trained and skilled group of people around like you all......WAY TO GO!!!!!

Wow, who says there's never an AED when you need one? Where DID you get the AED? Too bad they're so expensive. would be nice to have one on every dive boat.

Great work I hope that diver is recovering quickly.

He has had an amazingly fast recovery! There was 100% blockage in a heart artery that they repaired with a stint. This is one of those incidents that will probably go in the books as a "diving accident". To be more acurate, it was a "supersize my fries" accident. He was very lucky that alot of things came together at just the right time.
1. Felt "uncomfortable" underwater, full cardiac arrest didn't hit till he got back to the dock.
2. There just happened to be a boat close by when we surfaced, we were about 300 yrds from shore.
3. A diver in our group was also a RN, she handled the CPR. There were others around that could have done this, but that kind of previous experience probably a plus!
4. There was a AED close by ! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!
All of the doctors have said that without the AED, he probably wouldn't have made it.

Great job to all involved in the rescue. Sounds like the buddies did their jobs very well also and this is one really lucky diver.

It really doesn't matter how they classify the accident (diving/non-diving) the point is the training worked, those who were trained responded without question which resulted in the best outcome possible - a survivor.

Cheers

Not that having a heart attack is "lucky" but this guy was very lucky post heart. Very fortunate to be alive.

Back
Top Bottom