For Sale DivePro G18 Plus 18,000 lumen video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddunlop

Contributor
Reaction score
Have two of these lights. I bought some for myself and then to help offset shipping, ordered two to resell. These are super bright video lights (also great for still photos). I have a set of Keldan lights and these are definitely comparable and are significantly cheaper than what an 18k lumen light would run from them. Not saying Keldan isn’t nice, but the price is steep.

Anyways, these are $775 each, never been in the water, just unpacked them to take some quick photos.

Located in Gainesville, FL but can ship anywhere in USA for $20 extra.

More dive gear available at GainesvilleScuba dot com

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5259.jpeg
    IMG_5259.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5254.jpeg
    IMG_5254.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5255.jpeg
    IMG_5255.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 43
Is this 18k lumens like a BigBlue spec or like a Keldan spec? Is the 18k spec calculated or measured? Is it constant over the use life, or does it fall off during the use?

It’s like a big blue light. It will step down near the end of its battery life, will flash and then step down.

I have some 13k lumen Keldan lights and these are just as bright/brighter than them.

I have some 13k lumen Keldan lights and these are just as bright/brighter than them.
Do they have the same beamwidth/spatial coverage? Lumens is a measure of point brightness, so other things being equal a narrower beam light will be "brighter."

Do they have the same beamwidth/spatial coverage? Lumens is a measure of point brightness, so other things being equal a narrower beam light will be "brighter."

Here is some more info on them

Here is some more info on them
Well, there is part of the answer. The Keldans are 110deg, the DivePro is 95deg. So the DivePro will appear brighter at a point, for the same light output.

Well, there is part of the answer. The Keldans are 110deg, the DivePro is 95deg. So the DivePro will appear brighter at a point, for the same light output.
Sorry thought that covered your whole question.

Im not questioning Keldan being nice lights, I own some, they are nice. Unfortunately, they are really expensive. Over 3 times as expensive. These lights are really freaking bright (again I have some 13k keldans and these are brighter or atleast equal to). So if you’re trying to get some nice video lights for a fraction of the cost of a Keldan light, these are a nice option.

Sorry thought that covered your whole question.

Im not questioning Keldan being nice lights, I own some, they are nice. Unfortunately, they are really expensive. Over 3 times as expensive. These lights are really freaking bright (again I have some 13k keldans and these are brighter or atleast equal to). So if you’re trying to get some nice video lights for a fraction of the cost of a Keldan light, these are a nice option.
I am not arguing their value. I just find find 18k lumens a bit hard to believe. They have a tighter beam than the 13k Keldans, and if they seem about the same brightness they are unlikely to be 18k. It matters little....you get a lot of light for the money!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom