Divemaster Azores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssoooll

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,

I'm looking to do my divemaster in the Azores from June to July in Sao Miguel. I've found a reputable dive centre to do my course and am confident the teaching will be excellent.

However I am young, only 19, and am worried that the islands will be too quiet. I'm not looking for anything crazy just the opportunity to meet a few people.

If anyone who has dived/lived there before has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I do not know if that's the kind of info you're requiring, but I spent 2 weeks in the Azores, almost 6 years ago, on Santa Maria and Faial (sorry, not on Sao Miguel). What I've noticed was the presence of lots of teenagers or people in their early 20s, working summer jobs in : catering, tourist industry, diving, wildlife protection etc...

As a matter of fact, I remember a young Spanish student girl, studying as a biologist, working on cetaceans and earning a living as a dive master. I think you'll be far from alone and you should be able to meet people your own age, provided you find the local watering den.

So, with <5o logged dives, you’re going to bang-out a full DM course “from June to July”.

And you want a social scene, I’m just guessing that involves some late nights and possible drinking.

Good luck on that.

I would worry more about learning as much as possible and resting after work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom