DiveInn.com scuba store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phislet

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody purchased equipment from this source? What kind of taxes, import and shipping fees are associated? And how are they able to offer manufacturers warranties?

Thanks for your help. As others on this board have noted, their prices are incredible.

Here's a response I got from a guy I know indirectly here in New England -- he is a Brit who has ordered from diveinn from here in US and when he lived in the UK.

hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------

My Apeks TX100 from DiveINN is identical to the Zeagle Flathead 6, my local dive shop services it without a problem. DiveINN is not a "gray" market place - your manufacturers warrantee card comes officially stamped etc -
they are an official distributor of Apeks. Although the prices seem very low compared to here, we are paying 50%+ more than Europe for the same gear, the price in a regular dive store in England is only a little more than DiveINN.
I rather think we are getting screwed here in the US for European made equipment (see also Suunto prices).

My local dive shop wants my business - and I put plenty their way - and servicing regs is also a money making exercise (considering many just apply the factory service kit - which DiveINN sells for $12). My local dive shop
would be pretty foolish to refuse to service my regs, because they would never see me again.

I ordered the Halcyon hose set from EE - one thing with the Apeks regs is that they use a odd sized port for the second stage - supposedly for more air flow, but all those at Halcyon say that's garbage, use a standard "interchangeable" hose and block the 1/2" port.

This is how accommodating my dive shop was about this "mail order" reg - I got Tom the owner to dig around in his old service bin for a 1/2" plug for that reg. He only asked why I didn't order a long Apeks hose from him with the correct 1/2" port. I didn't get into a DIR discussion with him ...

The only odd thing you *may* see with DiveINN is the invoice from DHL about 2 weeks later for some summary amount the customs guy decided to charge you. For my TX100 from Simply Scuba it was a charge for $10, from DiveINN it was $20, but my Cobra from SimplyScuba was tax-free, obviously the customs guy was not paying attention that day.

Hope that helps. Just go and buy it!! Michele at DiveINN can answer any questions you have, and she speaks perfect English.

Back
Top Bottom