DiveHaven resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Do not go to Divehaven resort, turneffe, just got back canceled trip early. I'm a single dive and talked directly to managers Shawn , I got there and out of 90 some rooms I was the only person there!!! Thing were not open or cleaned. bug infected beaches. And prices were all higher then advertised. No refunds
But the diving is allsome. Much better then in san pedro.

Do not go to Divehaven resort, turneffe, just got back canceled trip early.

What things weren't opened? If restaurants, etc..., how did you get food?

Prices for what were higher? How much? Did you prepay some sort of package deal, or travel there anticipating a 'pay as you go' experience? If the former, how were prices raised?

Tell us more about the 'bug infested' beaches. Roatan is infamous for 'sand fleas,' 'no-see-ums,' whatever you care to call them, and they preferentially prey on some more than others for reasons we don't fully understand. You were in Belize, but the question still comes up...is what you encountered particularly unusual for the region?

Do you have any photos to show us some of what you describe?

You mentioned awesome diving. Why did you cancel early? What drove that?

I was there in March 2020 in the earliest days of the pandemic (our scheduled flight home was the last flight back to Canada before the borders closed that night).
We were a group of 18, and there was only one other guest in the entire hotel besides out group.
We were warned about the bugs ahead of time and advised to bring lots of insect repellent. The repellent the job for us.
With us being the only guests, the service levels for diving were out of this world.
Loved the diving, but the resort still had a definite "not yet ready for primetime" feel about it.

Not surprised.

I think SB definitely dodged a bullet when they had to cancel their shindig there due to covid. It had disaster written all over it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom