Divecenters with a house reef or cheap dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am looking for next year, october-november for 2 weeks diving in the Philippines. I already found some divecenters offering 10 dives for 270 dollar, but the idea is to go 2 weeks and then 1 week 1 island and another week another island.
I know some divecenters offer unlimited housereefdiving, but I cannot find them by google?
I also want to know options for 'cheap' divecenters who offer boatdives. Best are packagedeals including hotel.
Who has ideas?
If sidemount or twinsets are possible that would be nice. Also divecenters who own several divecenters on more islands are welcome.

I am looking for next year, october-november for 2 weeks diving in the Philippines. I already found some divecenters offering 10 dives for 270 dollar, but the idea is to go 2 weeks and then 1 week 1 island and another week another island.
I know some divecenters offer unlimited housereefdiving, but I cannot find them by google?
I also want to know options for 'cheap' divecenters who offer boatdives. Best are packagedeals including hotel.
Who has ideas?
If sidemount or twinsets are possible that would be nice. Also divecenters who own several divecenters on more islands are welcome.

Blue Abyss in Moalboal. Package deal on diving and accommodations. No pool or beachfront to pay for if you don't want them. With boat and shore dives you could do 5 a day here. I' m there now.

Blue Abyss in Moalboal. Package deal on diving and accommodations. No pool or beachfront to pay for if you don't want them. With boat and shore dives you could do 5 a day here. I' m there now.
And what do you pay about for accomodation +diving? Can you make a deal with 2 boatdives a day and unlimited housereefdiving?

And what do you pay about for accomodation +diving? Can you make a deal with 2 boatdives a day and unlimited housereefdiving?

Look at the Blue Abyss web site under special offers for prices.Good value. Clean, safe, but not fancy rooms. 3 boat dives offered per day and late afternoon house reef dive and dusk night dive. Is a 2 meter tidal range here and sloping shore access so I don't think all day house reef diving would work very well, but you should email Clemens, I believe, at their office and ask. The boat goes even if only one diver , and they are very flexible about your going or not going on a dive by dive basis. I'm doing a 10 dive/accomodation package(includes breakfast). Restaurant here is popular with locals and many other choices within a short walk, which is one reason I like it here rather than an all-inclusive. and might stay and do another 10 dive package. Blue abyss meets several of your criteria.But I don't think unlimited house reef diving makes sense here in Moalboal- but ask. Also, owners are on site-- this is their only site -- I have not had the best experiences at corporate/multi-site dive locations, imho. On site owners in the dive business provide a superior experience in my experience.

In Moalboal try Nelson's. I've dived with them a few times and they're quite reasonable. Nelson's Dive Shop

Last couple of times I've booked a fan room through Eve's Kiosk next door, also quite reasonable. Nothing fancy but I don't spend a lot of time in the room when I'm on a dive trip anyway :) Eve's Kiosk Dive Resort

Where exactly do you want to go? The Philippines encompasses a number of islands and dive sites.

At Moalboal, you should go with Cebu Dive Center, managed by Cameron, a US citizen.
Great service and cheapest price in the area.
They also offer basic accommodation if needed, and if you are Nitrox certified, they offer daily Nitrox for free.
At 850 PHP ($16.5) per fun dive, it is really a bargain!!
Dive Rates

At Moalboal, I confirm that Anilao Scuba Dive Center (ASDC) has a great full board package including room with AC, 3 meals and 3 dives a day for 4800 PHP ($93) You can add awesome night dive for an additional 1000 PHP ($19)
You won't find better in the expensive area.
Anilao Scuba Dive Center

The video I made from my trip there:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom